ltechnologygroup.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
- Former NASA engineer Mark Rober is going viral for turning sand into a “liquefied soup.”
- On Tuesday, Rober posted a video on YouTube that shows him filling a hot tub with completely dry sand.
- But the sand moves, flows, ripples, and even bubbles like it’s a liquid.
- You can sink right into the “liquid sand” or dive into it like it’s water.
- There’s a scientific explanation behind this seemingly magical phenomenon.
- As Rober explains in the video, the “liquefied soup” is actually what scientists call a “fluidized bed.”
- Basically, when you blow air into the bottom of a container of sand, you increase the space between individual sand particles.
- This reduces internal friction and allows the particles to move around more freely, the way they do in a liquid.
- When you stop blowing air into the container, the “fluidized” effect instantly disappears.
- Watch Rober’s full video, and explanation, below.
Sign up here to get INSIDER’s favorite stories straight to your inbox.
At L Technology Group, we know technology alone will not protect us from the risks associated with in cyberspace. Hackers, Nation States like Russia and China along with “Bob” in HR opening that email, are all real threats to your organization. Defending against these threats requires a new strategy that incorporates not only technology, but also intelligent personnel who, eats and breaths cybersecurity. Together with proven processes and techniques combines for an advanced next-generation security solution. Since 2008 L Technology Group has develop people, processes and technology to combat the ever changing threat landscape that businesses face day to day.
Call Toll Free (855) 999-6425 for a FREE Consultation from L Technology Group, https://www.ltechnologygroup.com.