ltechnologygroup.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Robert Deutsch/USA Today/Reuters
The Dow had its best day since March on Thursday.
It jumped above 24,000 for the first time as the Senate continued to progress towards passing its tax bill. Tech stocks also joined the party after a sell-off on Wednesday.
Here’s the scoreboard:
- Dow: 24,272.35, +331.67, (1.39%)
- S&P 500: 2,647.58, +21.51, (0.82%)
- Nasdaq: 6,873.97, +49.58, (0.73%)
- CVS is very close to buying Aetna, according to The Wall Street Journal. A deal would most likely be valued at $200 to $205 per Aetna share, the report said.
- Sen. John McCain said he would support the Senate Republican tax plan, significantly boosting the legislation’s chances of passing as it speeds toward a vote in the chamber. McCain’s support was considered a toss-up because he voted against tax cuts under President George W. Bush in 2001 and 2003.
- OPEC and non-OPEC producers led by Russia agreed in Vienna to extend oil output cuts until the end of 2018. The oil-producer cartel and other key players want to finish draining the excess supply of crude oil that dragged prices down in 2014.
- Sears continued its streak of declining sales in the third quarter, reporting a double-digit drop in comparable sales at its Sears and Kmart chains. Sales at Sears stores open for more than a year fell 17 percent in the quarter ended Oct. 28, while comparable sales at Kmart fell 13 percent.
At L Technology Group, we know technology alone will not protect us from the risks associated with in cyberspace. Hackers, Nation States like Russia and China along with “Bob” in HR opening that email, are all real threats to your organization. Defending against these threats requires a new strategy that incorporates not only technology, but also intelligent personnel who, eats and breaths cybersecurity. Together with proven processes and techniques combines for an advanced next-generation security solution. Since 2008 L Technology Group has develop people, processes and technology to combat the ever changing threat landscape that businesses face day to day.
Call Toll Free (855) 999-6425 for a FREE Consultation from L Technology Group, https://www.ltechnologygroup.com.