ltechnologygroup.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Take-Two Interactive/Private Division
- Take-Two Interactive is opening a new publishing label, named Private Division.
- The new label is focusing on publishing games by some of the top independent — but well-known — developers.
- It has four projects in the works.
Take-Two Interactive — the parent company of Rockstar Games and 2K Games — announced Thursday it’s launching a new publishing label.
Dubbed Private Division, the new label is intended to publish games from some of the best independent — but well-known — developers. Instead of being an effort to discover new gaming talent or promote unknown video game gems, Private Division is working with studios and developers that have a history of creating massive, profitable franchises.
“We have spent more than two years laying the groundwork for Private Division, building an experienced publishing team and signing projects with some the most respected and talented creative leaders in our industry,” Michael Worosz, Take-Two’s head of independent publishing, said in a statement. “We see a growing number of independent studios in our industry creating high quality games based on new [intellectual property], and our focus is supporting these types of developers and projects, and ultimately bringing incredible experiences to gamers around the world.”
Indeed, while the studios creating Private Division’s initial games are independent of big corporations, they are all helmed by industry veterans. And those veterans’ past games, which include “Halo” and “Assassin’s Creed,” are among the major staples of modern gaming.
These are Private Division initial four projects:
- “Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey” from Panache Digital Games, a studio led by Patrice Désilets, the creator of the “Assassin’s Creed” franchise.
- A role-playing game (RPG) currently codenamed “Project Wight” from The Outsiders, a studio founded by ex-DICE developers David Goldfarb and Ben Cousins.
- A RPG from Obsidian Entertainment, a studio led by Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky, co-creators of “Fallout.”
- A science-fiction first-person shooter from V1 Interactive, a studio founded by “Halo” co-creator Marcus Lehto.
Take-Two now operates three publishing labels: Rockstar Games, 2K, and Private Division. Like Rockstar Games, Private Division is based in New York City. In addition to the four new projects, Private Division will also oversee “Kerbal Space Program” — a popular space game Take-Two acquired earlier this year.
For more information on the four new projects, check out the video below with developers from each of the studios involved:
At L Technology Group, we know technology alone will not protect us from the risks associated with in cyberspace. Hackers, Nation States like Russia and China along with “Bob” in HR opening that email, are all real threats to your organization. Defending against these threats requires a new strategy that incorporates not only technology, but also intelligent personnel who, eats and breaths cybersecurity. Together with proven processes and techniques combines for an advanced next-generation security solution. Since 2008 L Technology Group has develop people, processes and technology to combat the ever changing threat landscape that businesses face day to day.
Call Toll Free (855) 999-6425 for a FREE Consultation from L Technology Group, https://www.ltechnologygroup.com.